Join our beekeeper Brian for a one day Introductory Beekeeping course at the Secret Herb Garden.
This one of 8 'one day sessions' that Brian will be running over the summer of 2017
Your day will consist of:
A short talk and slide show covering the activity and life cycle of honey bees
• Components of the beehive and different types of hives
• Choosing a suitable site for your hives/apiary
• Important plants for foraging bees throughout the year
• Spring and summer management- including swarm control and colony increase
• Visit to site apiary: a chance to meet the bees (spring & summer courses only)
• Removal of honey crop, visit to honey extraction room with explanation of processes involved in extraction of honey.
• Preparation for winter season
Price £95 per person. Max 12 people per session.
To book please email [email protected]
, phone him on 07443 573351
Payment must be made on confirmation of booking with Brian.